Tethis S.p.A. does its utmost to protect your privacy. This policy outlines how we collect and how we may use use the personal data we hold about you.
What are cookies and how we use them
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server. Only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. It will contain some anonymous information and it will allow the website to remember some data.
We are always looking for better ways to improve our website and to make it easier for you to get to know the services we offer.
Cookies have been divided into categories according to their functions, i.e. there are strictly necessary cookies, functionality cookies, performance cookies, behavioural (or advertising and targeting) cookies, third party cookies, session cookies and persistent cookies.
This website features only a few of them.
How to control and manage cookies
Your browser’s “Guide” section should help you manage your cookie settings. If you do not wish to receive cookies, it is possible to change your browser’s settings so that you will be notified whenever a cookie is sent. You may also set your browser to delete them after they have been placed on your hard drive. You may choose whether to accept or refuse the cookies created by our website in our cookie settings page. We inform you that our website mostly functions without cookies, but if you choose to refuse some of them, some areas of the website may not function properly.
How to enable or disable cookies on your browser
This information may vary according to browser updates.
1. Choose “Preferences” in your taskbar, then go to the “Privacy” panel in the following window.
2. In the “Accept cookies” section you may specify if and when Safari shall save cookies from web browsers. For further information click on the “Help” button (the one with a question mark).
3. For more information about managing cookies on Safari, please check the following page:
1. Click on “Tools”
2. Select “Settings” and then “Show advanced settings”
3. Select “Content settings” in the “Privacy” section
4. To accept cookies, select “Allow local data to be set” in the “Cookie” section to allow both first-party and third-party cookies. If you only want to accept first-party cookies, select the “Block third-party cookies and site data” checkbox.
To completely disable cookies, select “Block sites from setting any data”.
5. Chrome allows you to set different levels of cookie managing. For further information please check this page:
Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Click on the “Tools” button and then on “Internet Options”
2. Select the “Privacy” panel and move the slider to set what types of cookies are blocked or allowed (move it up to block them all, or down to allow them all)
3. Click on “OK”
4. There are several levels of cookie managing on Internet Explorer. For further information please check this page:
1. In the taskbar placed in the top part of your browser, select “Tools” and then “Options”
2. Select the “Privacy” panel
3. Set “Firefox will:” to “Use custom settings for history”.
4. Uncheck “Accept cookies from sites” and save your preferences.
5. For further information about cookie managing on Firefox, please check the following page:
For any other browser:
Please check the support page of the browser you are using.
If you are using different devices to visit and access the website (e.g. computer, smartphone, tablet, and so on) you must make sure that every browser on every device is set to comply with your preferences as regards cookies. In order to delete cookies from the browser of your smartphone/tablet, please refer to the device’s instructions for use.
Is it mandatory to accept cookies to visit the website?
No, it is not. It is possible to disable cookies, including those used on our website, by simply disabling cookies in your browser or by refusing consent to the policy. However, some areas of the website as well as other web pages may not function properly when this is done. For example, if the authentication provided by cookies is missing, you will not be able to log in to your Customer area.
Accepting or refusing cookies
Cookies used on this website
Such cookies are normally installed by the data controller or website manager and are grouped into:
browsing or session cookies, which are essential to navigate around a website and use its features (e.g., to purchase something or to access secure areas of the website);
functionality cookies, which allow the user to browse the website according to selected criteria (e.g., language, or products that have been selected for purchase) with the purpose of improving the browsing experience.
Such cookies are listed in the grid below and require no prior consent from the user to be installed.
Third party cookies
Data generated by Google Analytics are stored by Google as indicated in the following notice:
This website has applied the IP anonymization procedure supplied by Google described on the following page: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2763052?hl=en and it has accepted the Google Analytics Data Processing Amendment v20130906 offered by Google Analytics as pursuant of Directive 95/46/CE, whereby Google commits itself to process data according to the requests of the customer/website controller and not to share it with other services unless required by the customer himself through website settings. We remind you that the controller of this website has not linked Google Analytics to any extra service, and that no advertising or data sharing option has been activated.
In the light of these contrivances, Google Analytics, which this website uses for statistical purposes, is activated upon opening the website, considering that no prior consent to receiving cookies is requested from the user.
The opt-out browser add-on to disable Google Analytics is available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Google Youtube cookie
Google Maps is an online mapping application provided by Google. For further information on the use of data and on their processing at Google, we recommend you check the following pages:
Social Network buttons and Widgets
The social network buttons used on this website are links connected to the website controller’s social network accounts. No third-party cookie will be installed by clicking on such buttons. However, the links to privacy policies related to data managing on such social networks are listed below:
For more information about cookies
Italian Data Protection Authority
All About Cookies
Last updated on October 2017